Monday, October 23, 2006

Twelve weeks and one day and more

At 12 weeks, it's official, Savannah's a potty prodigy. I'm not bragging (much), but there have still been zero accidents...none in the house and none in the crate...and she now goes to the back door and barks when she needs to go out. Just one small bark, not incessant barking. Thank goodness!

She does have a wee bit of a temper when she doesn't like what you're doing...like grinding toe nails...and she's got a dramatic flair, but otherwise she's the easiest going of the three. She backs down when necessary and she jumps right back in when it's time. She doesn't scare easily and is willing to check things out when they do startle her. She knows "watch", "leave it", "down", "stand", and "come here". She's just plain smart! And way damn cute and a little energizer bunny. As we speak, she is busy frapping around the living room and kitchen trying to wear herself out enough to go to sleep. She's starting to go to the bedroom door where everyone but she and I are sleeping and she's looking intently at her crate, so I better wrap this up.


She's cooperating a little more...next to work on the stretch.

The light was fading fast!


On other news, my dad is happy in Alaska and having a great time. Here is a picture of him with his new Alaskan boat. He looks healthy and that's oh so important even though I miss him like crazy!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's so dern cute!! :) I do think tho, that the Mars Coat King needs to find her ;-)
She'll get the hang of the whole stretching thing... make her lean into getting that goodie... she'll pick it up in no time :)

CardiLover said...

Yeah, I know. I've kind of been waiting to see what the adultish coat will do since she doesn't have any shows coming up. We may do the fun match in Salem on Nov. 10 and I'll take it down a bit there, if we do it. Otherwise, I'll wait out of curiosity. And cuz I need Auntie Kate to give me a full tutorial before I begin!!!

CardiLover said...

Okay, I give, she does have more than her certain blue cousin does...not on her body, though...just on her head. Weird! I might play with it a bit this week and see what we can do. Hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

I luuuuuurve the Coat King. My friend bought one that she hoards from me. ;-) But honestly, I'm with you...give her coat time to grow out and see what happens. Although I might thin around her face/neck just a bit, because I think that's least likely to change as much.

Kate said...

I don't think I'm going to have to use a coat king on the blue one's body, so far it's pretty short and flat (i.e. doesn't stand out from her body - we are working on some lovely waves, however) and not too thick. But we will see.

We do have far superiour fringes - you just don't get to see them, as I keep up on it.

No tutorial needed...just go slow, cause you can't undo it.

Richelle, email me...there's an email link on my webpage.