Thursday, October 26, 2006

Freaky!

This happened lasst night, but stupid Blogger wouldn't let me upload the damn picture. No picture, no story, so here we go with what I wrote last night.

The strangest thing just happened! First, we heard this slight popping noise that the house has made a hundred times when temperatures change and it shifts a bit. Then, a bit later, we hear this loud crack from the bathroom. I don't have a lot of space in there and leave my hair dryer on the back of the toilet and it just sounded like it had fallen down onto the floor or the lid of the toilet. We keep the door closed with a new puppy in the house. When we went in to check what was up, everything seemed in place until we looked up at the window and saw this.




We were sure someone was in our backyard taking pop shots at the house until we went outside and saw that the window was whole on that side. Only the inside portion of the double paned window broke. How weird is that?!?! Paul was just about to go in and take a shower, too. Glad he didn't! Have no idea what it'll take to fix this, but it has to be one of the oddest home repair things I've ever seen. I'll have to call Dad and see what we should do!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Holy cow plops!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. the house must have shifted in just the right way so as to only affect the inside pane... how odd. :( You'll probably have to replace the whole window, won't you?? or can you replace just one pane of a double paned window?? Hell if I know ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's weird!! I'd assume you'll have to replace the whole window too, but what do I know...(nothing).

CardiLover said...

I'm thinking we're gonna have to replace the whole dang thing, but I haven't talked to my dad yet...he who knows all about construction. Weirdness!