Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I suck at this

I haven't a clue how to do the stacking thing. My table is too damn big and too damn heavy to bring out every day. ACH! Guess I'm buying myself a table instead of yarn next month. :( It needs to be a wee bit higher and a ton lighter. Any favorites? I need it to fit both Savannah and Ethan. I know he can be better...he just has to be taught how and he has to be taught regularly. It's not happening now and I'm so exhausted I can barely write this with the way work and life have been lately, but it must be done and I know it's do-able. I just haven't a clue when, though I know a lighter table will help.

So, here are the obligatory attempt at stacking at 11 weeks pictures...and I'm not even showing what we tried to take of Ethan. They're inside and the flash is too close, so the quality isn't good, but we're trying.





Can you tell by the tightly gripped muzzle how cooperative she was?



So abused!


Rough night

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks fine - at this point it's just having her stand up at all and rewarding for it - worry about foot placement later!

I would walk her into a stand with food and when she is up give her the cookies and big praise. Then work on being able to pick up and handle every little part of her. You want this to start out FUN! remember :)

m

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - if you have a crate in the house use that, or a towel on the kitchen table. I worry less about being on an actual table then just getting the stand-for-cookie into the dog's head. We also stand on the ground for cookies at this age (again walking into stand using cookie in hand and then giving it). Gives good stand like dumb lookin' Wallydog who will lean into "show-dog!" mode and stare intently at cookie (as seen in most of his pix).

hugs!

Kim said...

Too damn cute!

CardiLover said...

Oh, thanks for the advice and support, Great Corgi Guru! I needed that! I tried the stretch thing with Ethan last night. Just makes him more hocky, but at least I got a stretch. Must do more work there before Nationals and the Megan!!! And we played a rousing game of squeaky toy on the table when we were done, so I'll keep trying to keep it light.

She is dang cute, isn't she? I hope she can cute 'em to death. She's really dang smart, too. And, knock on wood, still zero accidents in the house and crate. Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

She is awful cute :) Like I've said before, I had Sedona on the table to eat her meals for the first month, which trained her to stand on the table. I then started moving her feet around, which taught her that I can move those things at will ;-) She's still a terd and wants to stand like a GSD sometimes, and we need to work on the stretching thing, but hey, they're babies right?
Savannah is a cute cute kid... she might JUST cute em to death ;-)

Anonymous said...

Aww, it takes practice. And even then, some photo/stacking sessions just don't work at that age, LOL. She's VERY stinkin' cute though.

HamCan said...

Don't get her wet, they'll be EVEYWHERE!!(cute little gremlin :-))