Saturday, August 04, 2007

Poor Savannah....

....handicapped by her handler again! Why do dogs all have to be soooo different? Wait, no, I'm glad they are. Okay, why can't I control my feelings about showing? I really dislike it, I get nervous and can't control my emotion, and I sweat more than flows over Niagara Falls on a wet day! Ach! Today's lesson? Savannah is not Ethan. (Which I'm thankful for most of the time, but...) Savannah needs to be at ringside at least half an hour before time to go in with me sitting calmly in a chair by her. Ethan needs to get to the ring right before he goes in or he'll bark his silly damn head off. Now, the real challenge is me sitting calmly for that half hour. Perhaps I should knit ringside...hmmm....

Anyway, we went reserve again today. I was so out of it I don't even know who won, except she was in open. Kayla came second in class to her. Digger won WD and BOW. Truman won BOB.

Nikki looked terrific in group...poor Carolyn couldn't hear us clapping...well, I guess it was just me and Debbie Berry and Debbbie's goldie friend, but we really were clapping. Tomorrow I've promised to hoot and holler, too. :)

Tomorrow's another day...wonder if socks will calm my nerves....

1 comment:

Traci said...

Well Congrats on your RWB... not sure I can give you any advice on how to control the nerves.... I think we all still get nervous, but with time and practice, they don't get the best of you. You're doing great with Savannah... keep up the great work!!