Thursday, May 24, 2007

What's in a name?

One of the people I used to work in the same office with is also one of my dog friends. We call her Libby's fairy dogmother, because she's the one who connected us to the people who led us to Libby. Anyway, we'd been emailing back and forth a bit today when she invited me to lunch with some of the other people who used to be in my office and a new hire from their office. The newest secretary's name is Genevieve, which makes her only the second one I've ever met in person after my sister, Genny, also Genevieve.

Walking on the way to the restaurant, she mentions how interesting it is that my sister's name is Genevieve, because she has a sister named Rachelle...yup, just one letter off from mine. We laugh a bit at the coincidence, then she jokingly says, "You wouldn't happen to have a sister named Sarah, too, would you?" She thinks this is impossible, I know she does, but I have to tell her that I do, in fact, have a sister named Sara without an h. How bizarre is that? My name is Richelle and I have a sister named Genevieve and a sister named Sara. Her name is Genevieve and she has a sister named Rachelle and a sister named Sarah...too weird!!!

So, we get to the restaurant and, of course, my friend and I are talking dogs, which brings the topic around to Genevieve. She also has a dog and asks what kind mine are. I tell her Cardigan Welsh Corgis. Her mouth drops open and she says, "No way!" I'm not sure why she's so surprised until she confesses that her dog is also a Corgi...a Pembroke. Okay, so now we have the same unique names among the sisters in our families and we both have corgis. To top it off, she wants to join our knitting group to learn to knit.

Weird!!!

6 comments:

Traci said...

Oh..... my gosh. What are the chances of all of those similarities! how odd!!!!

Kady Cannon said...

I suppose that it means that your parents had similar tastes. At least in names.

Jeri said...

If she was a guy I'd say to marry her. ;)

Weird coincidences!!

CardiLover said...

I did make sure she wasn't married to a Paul, that's for sure...or a Kevin like my sister is.

starrynights said...

As I was reading this post, the "Twilight Zone" theme kept running through my head...

;-)

CardiLover said...

That's what I thought! I about fell over when she asked if I had a sister named Sara!