Sunday, May 27, 2007

Drifting Dreams Jacket for Ida on Ample Knitters

Here are some photos of my finished version of the Drifting Dreams Jacket from Just One More Row. The first is me in the jacket on BART headed to San Francisco during my trip to the area last week...I just had to prove I knitted on the trip! Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I don't have any pictures showing the whole jacket on me, but these will give an idea. The following pictures are stitch detail. It's amazing how much maneuvering there was for each stitch, particularly with the "in next 3 sts work (p3tog, yo, p3tog--all in same 3 sts)", but I think it came out pretty well, considering it's my first ever sweater. I made it out of Elann Sonata (100% mercerized cotton) in the vineyard colorway. I made it longer and made the sleeves longer. I think I went a bit overboard on the length of the sleeves, but the added length to the bottom of the jacket was a must.





1 comment:

Traci said...

Wow, that's incredible Richelle!