Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Stalker?

Man, I'm a crappy blogger...just had to get that out of the way before telling my story.

On the way back to work today after letting the dogs out at lunch, I decided to stop at a convenience store in the university area to grab my friend and I some diet Dr. Peppers (like you needed to know that). I drove along in my semi-trance headed back to work and pulled into the lot like the thousand other times I've gone to this store. As I'm getting my wallet out of my newly knit and felted bag (which I will show and brag about at Nationals), I see this flash of a blue car in my rear view mirror. It pulled right up behind the Kiasaur very quickly, then, just as quickly, slammed into reverse and powered into the parking space two over from me. How odd!!! I finished what I was doing, trying not to look at this car (afraid to make eye contact), and headed toward the door of the store. This woman somwhat breathlessly comes bounding toward me and, once she realizes what she's done, sort of stutters her way into saying, "Uh, I saw the stickers on the back of your car...so you have a corgi? A Cardigan corgi?" Yup, it was another one of us extremely odd corgi people who just had to track down the owner of that car with a corgi on it that she'd seen in traffic. Been there, done it myself. Turns out she has a pembroke girl who is just over a year old that she got from a breeder out toward Junction City. I didn't get the name of the breeder. And, though we talked about the differences between Cardis and Pemmies and all other corgi related topics for a good ten minutes, I don't know her name or even her dog's name.

Funny, aren't we?

2 comments:

Traci said...

Ah yes, Corgi people are a special "breed" aren't we? :)

Fox lady said...

That's a great story, what a laugh! I feel the same way though esp. with having a cardi since you don't see them too often and most people think they are a dachshund and cattle dog cross (mine anyway). Maybe I'm stalking all you bloggers!