Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Artfibers in San Francisco

One major highlight of the San Francisco trip for me was riding the BART from Pleasanton to a station just one and a half blocks from Artfibers in the financial district. It isn't a large yarn shop and you certainly won't find anything here that isn't special. They only sell their lines of yarn that are either made by them or specially made for them. The things you can find here, you can't get anywhere else. And it's incredibly amazing stuff!!! Very mind boggling, but wonderful! If I ever have to go back to SF, even as a layover for a flight, I'll make sure I have plenty of time to go back to Artfibers, though I'm sure I'll order online in the meantime. The woman who helped me was terrific, friendly, and helpful! The patterns were lovely...wish I'd had the money to get a sweater custom designed, but we'll save that for next trip...they design for free, if you buy the yarn there to make the design.


I didn't get much, considering it was the end of our stay, but I got some very interesting things. Here is the color of Alfabeto (76% silk 19% superkid mohair 5% wool) I got...



And here is the stitch pattern (diagonal rib stitch) I'm using with it to make a slim scarf...


Another yarn I got was Tsuki (silk 40% superkid mohair 60%). It looks almost black in the picture, but it's really a vibrant dark electric blue...


And here is what I plan to make out of it...

Finally, I got some lush Big Bunz (90% angora, 10% nylon). Super, super soft and gotta love the name. I think I'll do a small cable scarf with it...really wanna make that angora sweater some day...



Anyway, a great, great place! Check them out at www.artfibers.com.

No comments: