Sunday, May 27, 2007

More Knitting

Here is one big sock. It's for my size 13 footed husband. One big sock down and another one to go. This is done in Lorna's Laces Motherlode colorway. I guess I got a couple of vintage skeins from a woman on eBay, because the colorway was handwritten on the wrapper band. This is a pattern I sort of made up using a basic sock pattern with two circs. One down one more to go. The color is more true on the ones that the flash didn't go off on.

The next pictures are the diagonal rib scarf out of the Artfibers Alfabeto that I got in SF and mentioned in an earlier post. It's still a work in progress...pretty slow going since it's also in fingering weight yarn.

Finally, this is a work in progress that's been in progress for awhile. It's a Wings of the Swan scarf/stole out of Traditional Knitted Lace. I'm using Cherry Tree Hill Supersock merino mill ends I got on eBay, so I'm not sure of the name of the colorway. I think it may be African Grey, but I'm not positive. Computer monitors are so weird! It's not blocked yet, since it's a little less than half done. It should spread quite a bit when I do block it, I think. Wouldn't really know for sure, since it's my first lace project, but that's what the books say it will do. :)


Paul's biiiiiig sock - the ball on the left is all that's left, the ball on the right is a whole ball. Good thing he likes the tops short!!!

More true to life color of the sock on this cuff detail

Heel and gusset detail


Diagonal rib scarf in progress


Close up of this lovely, shiny silk blend yarn


Wings of the swan with flash...

and without (more real life color than flash)...

Close up detail

Super close up detail


3 comments:

Traci said...

Wow! I can't imagine being able to do that! You're amazing with those needles!

CardiLover said...

I looooooooove it! Have you ever done something for the first time, yet felt like you'd always done it? That's how knitting is for me. It seems to come almost naturally and I love it!!!!!

Jeri said...

You have beautiful taste in yarns, too. :o)