Friday, September 21, 2007

You know you're outta shape when...

...your arms have been achy and sore for days and you're embarrassed when you finally think you've figured out the real reason for it. There is a flu bug going around here, as Megan can attest, and I thought for awhile that was it. And we all know I really like to knit. I've cranked out a pair of slippers, a sock, and the start of a scarf over the past week, but I don't think that's it. My desk is about the least comfortable and least ergonomically designed thing ever, but it's always been that way, so nope, that's not it. I've typed quite a bit, too, but still no.

So, what do I think it really is? Can you say, "Throw the ball!!!," or perhaps more correctly, "Bark, Bark, BARK!!!!?" Yup, the kids are getting along so well that tussling to reach the ball first, wrestling it away from each other and me, and annoying me to no end for it are all easily done, even in the house! While this means Ethan has taken some amazing strides in the last month, including allowing me to maul him and hug on him with no grrrrs aimed at the girls at all for that or anything else, it also means my damn arms are about to fall off, because I MUST THROW THE BALLLLLLL!!!! And I must throw it at least 50-100 times a night...probably more! They seem to think I am the only one who can fulfill the deep requirements of ball-throwing, too, because they leave Paul alone and only insist on me doing it. Sure, they might ask him once or twice and then it's back to me. ARRRRRGGGGG!!!! Now I know why my arms want to fall off! :) Okay, so it probably is work and knitting and maybe even the bug, too, but still....

6 comments:

Traci said...

ugh ball dogs. Chuck-it is a savoir for ball dogs... thankfully none of mine give two you know whats about balls :)

HamCan said...

Feel lucky you don't have a Pearl dog that likes you to throw a basketball :-)

CardiLover said...

Ef loves the full-size basketballs, too, but fortunately we don't throw those in the house. :)

Traci said...

My dogs must be the laziest house dogs on the planet! I have no ball dogs of any sort... I have stick chewers... and toy chewers.... and couch layers..... hmmmm :P

I need orange said...

I got "tennis elbow" from throwing the ball for my Molly. She was indefatigable..........

I found a plastic thing shaped sort of like the letter C with a handle -- I could throw it hard and with less effort with that thing. The C was sort of like a chute which the ball rolled around and out.....

The long-handle thing with just a ball-grabber on the end didn't work for me -- I couldn't figure out how to throw the ball anywhere but right into the ground......

Kim said...

I can see the dogs look as the ball gets thrown into the ground, "What the???"