Saturday, March 03, 2007

Pictures and Video

I haven't posted anything in awhile, but thought I'd just put up some candid photos I took in the yard this afternoon. There is also a video I posted at YouTube so you all can see the fuzz moving and tell me what you think. There have been no trimmings since Feb. 8 or 9 and the ears haven't been touched since Portland, at least a couple weeks before that. I don't think she's quite as endowed as her sister, but she's got plenty to spare. I'll also include pictures of Ethan's ungroomed back and the two of them together for comparison. I've been told Ef's coat is fine, but I think it's a bit long in a couple places. Savannah's is a bit longer than that, but she's also young still...Ef grew into his mane. :) Anyway, lemme know what you think of candid Miss Savvy at 7 months.

And if anyone knows how to make Blogger put the pictures at the end instead of the start automatically, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me how!



















3 comments:

Jeri said...

Ef is such a gorgeous rich red color!

And all I saw in the video of Miss Savannah is a lot of BARKING! LOL Oh and a fuzzy butt. She does have coat issues, but honestly aside from her ears it doesn't look worse than others I've seen in the ring. If it were me, I'd focus most of my grooming efforts on the ears and neck, and maybe trim up the underline (belly) a bit.

To give you hope, a good friend of mine has a sable bitch whose puppy coat looked a LOT like Savannah's. Wavy, longish, thick. We called her "Beyonce" because she had a big beautiful booty LOL...her rump hair was very full. She didn't have the ear furnishings though. Anyway, I recently saw her again at 15 months old, and you wouldn't know it's the same dog. She's had 2 heat cycles now and that hair has come out...it's a LOT different now. She still has a full coat, but the waves are gone, the length is gone, and it's more coarse. It's very correct now. :o)

CardiLover said...

Yeah, I'm a little partial to my red dog! :) Blues are so popular right now that, if we breed, we'd like to aim more for red and brindle and hope for sables with our program. He stands out like an orange highlighter in a breed ring right now. I think that would be fine, if he were an even better dog than he is, but I don't care. We show him for fun, because he loves it! :)

And thanks for the support on Bobanna's coat! Is the sable Mystique by any chance? I saw some puppy pictures of her and Savannah's actually been compared to her by Mystique's breeder. :) I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to dream about Lhasa Apsos anymore! :)

Jeri said...

Nope "Beyonce" is out of Marla Gardner's breeding. So, it has happened more than once. ;-) Seriously, when I saw her recently I was SHOCKED at how different her coat was.